We just got back from having Christmas with my family in Virginia/Tennessee and as quick as you can say “Bob’s your uncle,” we’re about to be headed back out the door for Christmas in Ohio.
First, a few things about our first Christmas.
1. We had a White Christmas. A rare treat for me since I come from the land of “not much snow ever.”
2. I knit Christmas ornaments.
3. Handmade gifts were exchanged.
4. I got a teeny tiny Turkish drop spindle from here that I couldn’t be happier with. Spiders will be envious of the tiny webs I spin.
5. I made this face. A lot.
6. The reason I made that face so much is not pictured here. It was the aproximately 20lbs of candy, cakes, and desserts made by Mom, Jana, and myself. I’m amazed we didn’t all die of sugar overdose. There were: peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, chocolate covered cherries, coconut bars dipped in chocolate (and without chocolate), peanut butter rolls, cake balls, strawberry cake with fresh strawberries, these little individual chocolate cakes topped with a fresh strawberry, 30 day friendship cake, and on and on.
7. I got to be with my family for Christmas and that made it very Merry indeed.