1. I and a couple friends were fortunate enough to see Avenue Q on Tuesday. For Free! It was amazing and the cast performed far beyond my highest expectations. One of my biggest issues with touring musicals is that the current cast might not be the same performers that made me fall in love with the show. As a result, I’m pretty narrow-minded on who is allowed to perform Fiddler on the Roof, Godspell, and Little Shop of Horrors. But these guys, they were perfect. I laughed so hard.
At the beginning of the show, I was singing along with every song (sorry neighbors) and squealing with glee when I recognized the opening cords to some of my favorites. But the performance was so good that, near the end, I was completely swept up in the play and happily surprised when the songs began.
2. We still haven’t turned on the heat in our apartment. It’s starting to get pretty chilly in there and Big Guy is hardly leaving the flannel sheets on the bed. Last night I threw a second quilt on the bed and slept in pajama pants, a t-shirt, and a hooded sweatshirt. But the weather is supposed to be back up in the 70s this weekend. We may need to have a talk about turning on the heat when we have houseguests in a couple weeks….
3. Justin made me dinner on Monday. It was ridiculously sweet.
4. I only read one book in all of October. I had a lot of grand plans for lots of Halloween themed stories but…one book. Sure it was nearly 900 pages but come on…just one? I’m losing my grip. If I want to finish 52 books in 52 weeks (what? I didn’t tell you about that goal? …..nevermind), then I’ve got a ways to go.
5. My hand-knit sock drawer is surprisingly bare. I have a few striped socks and 1 patterened pair and that’s it. When I couldn’t find any to match my dress clothes this morning, it made me sad.
6. Which reminds me, Justin’s birthday alpaca socks still aren’t finished. Oops.
7. It’s knit night. You’ll know where I’ll be. See ya there!